Monday, October 5, 2015

Huacachina and the Nazca Lines


Huachachina is a man-made oasis in the desert near the large city of Ica. It's put itself on the tourist map by offering dune buggy rides that include sandboarding. And cheap drinks afterwards. While I'm glad I tried I'm also glad I only stayed one night. There was nothing to do this morning apart from five minutes to walk around the lagoon.


Proof I sandboarded.


Eduardo with our dune buggy.


Miles of sand.

After a brief stop at a winery to sample some Pisco we began the 14 hour journey south to Arequipa. Through more of a gravel desert, small hills and flat plains.

We had one significant stop, the Nazca Lines viewing platform.


From the edge of the highway you can see two images. The rest are only viewable by flying over then.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment