Monday, June 29, 2015

Olympia, Washington

My visit to Olympia was all about catching up with my friend Michelle. We had a wonderful time pottering around together.



My visit overlapped with that of an Shanghai Tech colleague, Simon. So on Saturday Dave and Michelle took us all to see Mount St Helens, my first visit to an active volcano. It was very interesting but I'm glad I wasn't here when it exploded on May 18 1980.



I also discovered Olympia is the capital of Washington state, not Seattle. The capitol building is beautiful, nestled amongst trees. They also have a pretty waterfront, with a great farmers market. I'm loving that I've gotten here just in time for berry season. Tried gold raspberries for the first time they weren't quite as good as regular raspberries but were very golden in colour.


posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments:

  1. so lovely that you got to see them! sounds fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun! I'm in Seattle now, absolutely loving the Pacific NW.

    ReplyDelete