Thursday, May 14, 2015

Last Days...

I'm so grateful I got to stay in the nurses quarters, with these lovely ladies and Nurse Dawn. But so many people from all over the campus I'm missing.


I had breakfast with the kids my last morning, tea, bread and a boiled egg. I love how Maria ate hers.


Selifie with Mama and Bendita.


The girls love to play with our hair, they thought it particularly great when Nurse Lindsay came over with her long hair.



I'm always amazed to see how the local women can carry a child on their back and a load on their head. Lona walks about 30 minutes to work each day, with Moses on her back. When the kids are big enough they hold on by putting their arms under your underarms, rather than around your neck, which seemed to make them lighter. Though the afternoon the kids had me practise with them I kept choosing the smallest kids.


Pre School "Closing Ceremony", ie end of term assembly, I was asked to give an impromptu speech, as well as the opening prayer.


The guards got new uniforms, this is Moses proudly showing off his. The kids think they look like policemen, especially as most tuck their trousers into their boots. I think the berets and boots would be too hot but they claim they aren't.


Many of the kids like to do group skipping/jump rope.


One of the cleaners, Lona Kola. She was the keenest to practise English with me.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment