Saturday, August 15, 2015

Downtown Lima

Mondays are my day off from working at Brazos Abiertos, so this last Monday I ventured downtown. It was actually easier to get there than I expected, two buses taking about one hour and 15 minutes in total. As well as being a tourist and revisiting the main plaza I'd seen in 2013, I took a bus to a lookout over the city, had a Peruvian lunch and then found a little yarn at the Mercado Central, the big locals market downtown.


This plaza connected the walkways over the highway to the downtown area. I was impressed it could be both a walkway, a dining area, a play area and a performance space.




Loved all the colourful buildings.




Views of Lima from San Cristóbal, in the summer you can apparently see the ocean. In winter there is a constant the haze over all of Lima. Sometimes there is drizzle, which is as close as Lima ever gets to rain, being in the middle of the desert.



Official buildings around the Plaza Armas.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment