Saturday, August 22, 2015

Saturday Afternoon


Brazos Abiertos is located next to this enormous gravel valley that is being filled with rubbish and rubble. People search the rubbish for recyclables they can sell.




Wilfredo is one of my English students who lives opposite Brazos Abiertos. Today they cooked a chicken and vegetables in the ground.


Wilfredo also creates amazing carved gourds. This is a tradition passed down through his family.


Then I decided to walk back to my apartment, takes about an hour.


Colour amongst the grey, I wonder what they're celebrating?


Getting away from her kids? There were several bricks near hers, so I'm guessing others sometimes sit there too.


I've never noticed the statue from the bus. Love these little taxis.


This guy played a tune on his whistle and people bought their knives out for him to sharpen.


Need your car fixed? Many mechanics at the Curva, about half way between Brazos Abiertos and my apartment.


Haircut, pedicure, tailor and women's tops all in the one small shop! At La Musa, the local market.


Almost back to my apartment in Sol de La Molina, a different world!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment