Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Adiós Amigos

The last week has been one of mixed emotions as lots of goodbyes were said. But also excitement as preparations for me to leave Lima and begin backpacking my way south were made.


On Sunday the Peru Generso 5km fun run in support of Brazos Abiertos and Kids Alive meant a very early start for us but with over 400 participants lots of awareness and money was raised. I was very glad I stayed in Lima for this event.


Monday morning was my last motor taxi ride to work with Anne and Jordi.


Monday night was a special Dutch farewell dinner with lots of yummy food.


The Lamingtons I made for dessert were a hit, especially with Hanna.


I received some beautiful gifts but this container handcarved by one of my English students, with four scenes showing the work of Brazos Abiertos is particularly amazing. A beautiful keepsake.


Another final dinner, with a crocheted gift from Elizabeth and Carlos.


Final laughs with these teachers' kids who decided I should adopt them and take them to Australia with me.


My final view of Brazos Abiertos. Two months ago when I walked down past the huge dump to Brazos Abiertos I didn't realise that I'd be sad to be saying goodbye to so many friends. I spent some time Tuesday afternoon sitting outside the church and it was wonderful to be greeted by name by so many who passed by.

I'll miss being called "profi Raquel" and "Miss Ingles".

Muchos gracias amigos :-)

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment