Friday, July 10, 2015

Beautiful British Columbia

Despite wildfires bringing a smoky haze over the landscape, the small part of BC I've seen has definitely lived up to its description on licence plates, Beautiful British Columbia. Thanks to three wonderful friends I was able to experience three quite different parts of lower BC, inner city Vancouver, the Sunshine Coast and Victoria. I've became familiar with BC Ferries system and now understand that Victoria, not Vancouver is the capital of BC but it's located on Vancouver Island! I've also been able to sample lots of local food including, pancakes with maple syrup, seafood, double smoked bacon and farm fresh beer.


A mini reunion of some of my Seoul colleagues.



Loved how these in use, cement silos on Granville Island have been transformed into such fun art.


The beautiful marina at Granville Island, on the edge of downtown Vancouver.




Roberts Creek, Sunshine Coast. All these rocky beaches have made me realise how spoilt we are in Tasmania.


A community art project, the residents of Roberts Creek actually get to paint a section of the mandala each year.


Angela and her lovely parents took me on a fun day trip to Whistler. Unfortunately it was so smoky we couldn't go up in the gondolas.


Loralee and I cycled around Victoria to see a series of painted pianos, a summer public art installation. This was my favorite as it is a painting of the area it faces and in a stunning location.


The castle like parliament building of BC is lit up every night.


I loved all the First Nations art, particularly the totem poles around the BC museum.


The beginning of the Trans Canada highway! Crazy to think I'll be at almost the end of it in ten days time.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment