Sunday, July 26, 2015

Boston


Today I had a 26 hour stopover in Boston, so I took the advice of my friend Nicole and walked the Freedom Trail around downtown Boston. It was incredibly well marked, with red bricks clearly marking the entire route. The National Parks Service operates several sites along the route and I was fortunate to be able to join two, one hour free walking tours that bought the trail to life.




I loved the red brick buildings everywhere.


My last stop the Boston Commons wasn't quite as grand as I imagined.


Paul Revere, my favourite character from this era. I love that post war he took a family holiday to England and managed to become a millionaire from what he learnt there.


This statue of William Prescott has me thinking off the Princess Bride, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."


I think every hotel needs a charging station like this by the beds!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment